Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Chicken Cacciatore Soup

Since I'm unsure whether I'll be inspired by a unique topic everyday for my new blog, I've decided that Thursday will be Recipe Day. I'll share a yummy recipe that I love. The innaugural recipe is for a soup I just had for lunch. It makes my nose run but it's delish. Credit goes to one of my favorite cooking gurus, Rachael Ray. If you're familiar with Rachael, then you know this is can be made in 30 minutes!

3 tbs. olive oil
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
2 tsp. grill seasoning (or coarse salt and pepper)
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
2 large white potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
8 cremini mushrooms, chopped (baby portabellos)
4 celery ribs, chopped
1 medium onion, peeled, quartered lengthwise, then thinly sliced
1 red bell pepper cored, seeded, quartered lengthwise, then thinly sliced
4 garlic cloves, chopped
1/2 c dry red wine (I didn't have red, so I used white)
1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
1 29 oz can crushed tomatoes
2 cups chicken broth
3 tbs fresh rosemary, chopped

Heat a deep skillet or a medium soup pot over medium high heat. Add 2 tbs of oil. Add chicken. Season with grill seasoning and cook until lightly browned all over.

While chicken cooks, chop veggies.

Remove cooked chicken to a plate and reserve. Add the remaining oil to pan. Add crushed red pepper flakes and potatoes. Cook for a couple of minutes, then add mushrooms, celery, onions. Cook another couple minutes. Add bell pepper and garlic. Cook a couple minutes. Add chicken back to pan. Deglaze pan with wine, scraping the bits off the bottom. Add tomatoes and stock and stir. Add rosemary and reduce heat to low. Cover and cook about 8-10 minutes.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home