Saturday, January 21, 2006

Everyday Enlightenment

I just got down my copy of Don't Sweat the Small Stuff...and it's all small stuff, by Richard Carlson, Ph.D. It's chocked full of wonderful ideas on how to make your life more fulfilling. One strategy he suggests is to imagine that everyone you encounter is more enlightened than you. That you should look at every person in your life as someone who has been put there to teach you something.

I want to try this. I never want to be so set in my ways that I feel like I can't learn anything anymore, especially from people. So the next time I encounter someone who irritates me (which unfortunately can be quite often) I will attempt to figure out just what the heck it is that they are trying to teach me about life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home