Friday, April 21, 2006

The Bitter End


I am at the end of my work-in-progress and am a disgruntled camper. I have typed the last sentence, but it truly sucks. Endings are so so hard for me because I really feel strongly that they must resonate. It's the cherry on top of the sundae that makes the whole read feel worthwhile. And right now my cherry is more like a lima bean. Blech.

So I'm going to start at the beginning and start revising. I have to cut about 1400 words from a 14K story, which is 10% (Right? Math isn't my strong suit.) Ten percent is a lot, especially when your characters are meeting and falling in love within the pages of the story. (As opposed to having a history and relationship already established.) Hopefully, as I revise and I go through the book from start to finish, the ending will flow. Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home