Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Sidewalk Art


Hello, I'm back! I apologize for the long absence. Illness, vacation, and out-of-town guests all combined to make it difficult for me to blog. But, I've returned.

Wednesday is art day and I have posted a picture of a work that I did myself with the help of my son and two cousins. It's a copy of "Grow Me Something, Mister" by George Rodrigue, one of my favorite artists. We did our tribute using chalk pastels on the sidewalk in front of my house. Unfortunately, someone rode a bike or something over it before I got out there with my camera, so you may be able to see tracks through it, but hopefully it still looks cool.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Jodie said...

Very well done! I hope to do that one day with my daughter although right now she just sqwiggles

5:49 PM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Hey, thanks! The youngest cousin was 7. It's a lot of fun and not that hard to do with kids if you draw the outline and direct them what colors to do. I shudder to think how sore my thighs are going to be tomorrow from all the squats I did!

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home