Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Get Your Alka Seltzer


This week's recommendation is a restaurant. We just got back from a few days in Lake Tahoe and really enjoyed the buffet at Harrah's. My son adores buffets, so after asking around, we were sent to the one at Harrah's, an easy walk from where we were staying at Marriot's Timberlodge.

The Forest Buffet is on the eighteenth floor of the hotel and a lot of the tables have a breathtaking view of the lake. On the evening we went, it was snowing and had been snowing for a few hours, so the vista was like a winter postcard. The food was delicious, too. I especially liked the ginger honey chicken, shrimp cocktail, and prime rib. Their Korean style barbeque ribs were fatty, but the kids raved about the mac and cheese. Unfortunately, the desserts left a lot to be desired, but by then I'd eaten so much I didn't have much room left. Next time I should take the stairs so I can justify the bingeing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home