Friday, May 19, 2006

Tick Tock Tick Tock

Yesterday I was tired from helping out with the sixth grade luau at school, but I had the afternoon to write. Did I write? Not a word. I was unsure what scene should follow the last one I had written, and I'm anal enough to have to write sequentially. I was antsy and angry with myself because I had the time, but wasn't doing anything with it.

That's when I realized that my biological clock is still ticking, but it's marking time for something else -- my appearance on the bestseller lists. Every minute I have to write, but don't, is a delay of my successful career. My inner critic doesn't berate me for bad writing as much as it does for NOT writing.

And yet, today I'm feeling better. I woke up this morning at 5:30 with an idea of where to go next. So, perserverance, even through just an afternoon of indecision and doubt, pays off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home