Monday, July 17, 2006

Light My Fire

I just got back from a week in Lake Tahoe. What a beautiful place. We stayed at the Marriott's Timberlodge, a classy and well-run establishment. I especially loved the full kitchen inside the villa and the grocery store not a quarter mile away. With two strapping boys to feed, this saves us beaucoup bucks.

We trekked along the side of a mountain, severely taxing my dubious hiking skills, to Cascade Falls. The water was freezing, but a splash of it sure felt refreshing on my hot face. We rented bikes, rode jetskis, ate more ice cream than was wise. But the highlight of my trip came from a unique store at Squaw Valley. The Waxen Moon sells candles, but more importantly, allows you to make your own.

You pick a mold and a scent. I chose a three wick brick shape and chocolate fudge brownie. Then, you choose colors from the bins, cut the shapes you want and place them in the mold. When you're done, she pours hot wax in to fill in the gaps. My kids made candles, too. We had an absolute blast. Here's my creation! If you're ever in Squaw Valley, I highly recommend visiting the Waxen Moon store!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home