Saturday, August 05, 2006

Mirror, mirror

The collage workshop went very well, except for the fact that I forgot the glue sticks at home! Ha ha. It worked out in the end, though, because the first step in the process is to rip out pictures, so while the ripping commenced, I dashed to a nearby Staples and got glue.

My collage process was mystifying and intriguing! I followed Jenny Crusie's directions and ripped out anything that caught my eye for more than an instant. I trusted my "Girls in the Basement" to choose pictures that were relevant for my work-in-progress, even when they chose a picture of Ed McMahon, a bottle of 409, a collection of antique nutcrackers, an American colonial officer, and a dozen pix of mirrors. (No, this story is not an historical!) I ended up with far more pictures than would fit on my posterboard, so I junked some pix of one of the heroes and used both sides of the board.

Looking at it now, I feel excited about starting the story, but won't be able to until mid-September.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home