Monday, August 28, 2006

Time For A Review

It's been over a month since I've reviewed a Woman's World story. I am long overdue!

"Friends and Neighbors" by Patricia Parkinson, from the September 5th issue of Woman's World

Tagline: Michael lived right next door: Was he so close by that Holly had missed all the signals?

This was a sweet story. We have a matchmaker friend who motivates the heroine to break free of her shyness and take the next step with her hunky and helpful neighbor.

Best Part: Ann, the matchmaking friend says, "Polish up those glasses of yours, Holly. There's a romantic opportunity sitting right under your nose." So, Holly pulls off her glasses and looks for smudges. LOL.

Just My Humble Opinion: "Feeling strangely unsure of herself, Holly went out the back door." She's on her way to ask her neighbor to come over for dinner and it seemed perfectly normal, based on what we know of her character, for her to be unsure of herself.

Grade: B

3 Comments:

Blogger Anna J. Evans said...

Ahhh....Woman's World. The nut I still have yet to crack. That reminds me I need to bang out another story for them to reject, lol. Thanks for the review, Anna J. Evans

12:30 PM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Hey, if I can do it, you can do it. :) Just repeat after me: I want my thousand dollars!

2:06 PM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Exactly!

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home