Monday, October 23, 2006

Help Me Choose

I am starting a new book. The working title is "Fortune." The hero is named Alex Thibauldault. He's a staid, reliable professional man who is tired of the rat race and to everyone's shock--even his own--he walks away from his job as an attorney to invest in a restaurant with a woman he just met.

Her name is Sabrina. She's a bit of a rebel in her appearance, but classically trained as a chef. She dreams of opening her own restaurant, but needs a partner with some cash. Enter Alex, of course.

So, I have three last names for her that I like. Roundtree. Lippincott. Griffin.

Which do you like?

I also have to change the last name of one of my heroes. He's an Italian sculptor and his first name is Cristoforo. Here are the choices: Contarini. Calabrese. Valtieri. (If it goes well with Delphine, the heroine's name, that's good, too. You know, for the Happily Ever After thingy.)

7 Comments:

Blogger Sandra Richards said...

Alex Thibauldault. He's a staid, reliable man who is tired of the rat race and to everyone's shock--even his own--he walks away from his job as an attorney to invest in a restaurant with a woman he just met.

I like the name. Says a lot of old money, something very old fashioned about the sound.

Her name is Sabrina. She's a bit of a rebel in her appearance, but classically trained as a chef. She dreams of opening her own restaurant, but needs a partner with some cash. Enter Alex, of course.

So, I have three last names for her that I like. Roundtree. Lippincott. Griffin.


Of the three, I like Griffin. My reasoning isn't really logical, I just think the name sounds light and airy in my head. Roundtree sounds very earthy and has a little punch to it, although it has a lot of roundness to the sounds. Roundtree is a very strong and anchored sort of name. Lippencott--sounds a bit vague and scatterbrained, or at least accident prone in a slightly comic way.

I also have to change the last name of the hero in my EC story. He's an Italian sculptor and his first name is Cristoforo. Here are the choices: Contarini. Calabrese. Valtieri. (If it goes well with Delphine, the heroine's name, that's good, too. You know, for the Happily Ever After thingy.)

Oooo I love Valtieri ... that has a sexiness to it that Contarini and Calabrese don't have--though they are good names. Hm. I wonder if it has something to do with the 'V' at the beginning.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents.

Ciao! Wink
_________________
Don't Stop Writing,

Sandra Richards

3:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! Sounds like a great story!

Anyway, I like Sabrina Roundtree. I just do. For the hero I like any of them, but I guess I prefer Valtieri if I had to choose.

Make sure to let us know what you chose!

8:25 PM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Thanks, Lillian. And you're so sweet for saying it sounds like a great story. Looking at what little I posted of the plot, it looks like a bore to me!!! LOL

9:54 PM  
Blogger Anna J. Evans said...

I like Griffin for her last name, it sounds....artsy fartsy, slightly eccentric, lol. I also like either Calabrese or Valtieri. Such lovely, trip off the tongue, Italian names...sigh...

And it does sound like a cute idea for a story!

6:46 AM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Thanks, Anna. Well, the best part about the story I didn't even talk about! Now you've got me really excited about it.

3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kate, do what I did and hold a contest. The winnner gets to pick the last name of your heroine. You can be sure that will guarantee at least ONE sale. ;)

I'm just sayin'.

10:29 PM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Hey, good idea...

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home