Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Katherine Warwick Spotlight

Author Katherine Warwick has carved out a unique niche for herself in the romance genre in that her books take place within the uber-graceful world of ballroom dancing. If you think about it, what could be more romantic than that? Readers have used words like "classy," "sexy," "engaging," and "enchanting" to describe her books.

Your books are dance themed. Do you have personal experience with ballroom dancing?

My mom taught ballroom to our church youth group when I was younger, so picked up basics then. I was usually the boy part!

I really enjoy ballroom dance movies. What was your favorite?

"Take the Lead" followed by "Shall We Dance."

Have you ever cried while writing an emotional scene?

Not while writing, but I have on edits afterwards.

Do you have any pet peeves with romance novels?

Not really. As an author, I try to give other authors the benefit of the doubt.

Tell me about the most romantic thing that's ever happened to you.

An ex bofriend was a singer. He sang to me one night in the moonlight. He also wrote a song for me.

If you couldn't live in Utah, where would you want to live?

I'd live in New York City if I had the money that could duplicate my lifestyle.

Imagine that you're a man. What would be the best part of being the opposite sex?

Eating whatever you want and not getting fat!

What's your favorite possession?

My yellow Mini Cooper

I see you write both adult and YA (young adult) romance. Do you find it difficult to switch gears between genres?

No. It's a great transition when I need a break, in fact.

I saw pictures of your beautiful daughters on your website. Do they read your novels?

They give me great feedback and they're both voracious readers. I love that they are following in my footsteps and writing also!

Wow. Sounds like a writing dynasty in the making! I'd like to thank Katherine for being my guest today and encourage everyone to check out her website and blog.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice interview and I loved Katherine's site. I can't believe she gets anything done with six kids, lol.

Thanks kate for another interesting glimpse into another author's life,

anna j. evans

2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the lovely spot, Kate! I just found it! LOL!

Katherine

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home