Sunday, December 03, 2006

Not Bowled Over

So, for the first time, Nora is not amazing me. I'm reading Dance of the Gods, the second in her Circle Trilogy, and am not as enthralled as I usually am with her writing. I'm thinking it must be me. Lord knows the woman can write a fantastic book (or 100+ books!) I think I've just become too familiar at last with her. The characters feel very familiar, just put into a different plot with some magical powers and an alternate world.

Anyone else out there less than thrilled by this series?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nora lost me with the Key series, and for the same reason. I'm thinking it might be a good thig that I'm not quite as prolific as she is -- maybe if my books are spaced a year or more apart, the similarities between my characters might not be quite so noticeable to readers. :D

4:52 PM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

I read the Key series and liked it, but it feels very similar to this series. Villains appearing in dreams, etc. I guess I expected more from her. I was like, "Ooh, Nora and vampires. Should be good!" It's only so-so.

8:11 PM  
Blogger Anna J. Evans said...

I figure not even Nora can hit it all the time, right? That said, I don't really read her much. I read her books when I was about 13-14 and enjoyed some of them, but when I tried to get into her 'death' series a few years ago I just wasn't captured.

thanks for stopping by my blog, btw, it saved me an email to you about boy potty training, lol.

anna j. evans

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home