Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Tina Holland Spotlight

Tina Holland, a fellow Liquid Silver Author, is doing something I very much want to do: write a series. Hers is called The Starving Artist series and damned if I'm not kicking myself for not thinking of that myself, since I love artist heroes so much. Ah well, my (first) series is likely to be paranormal anyway, so cest la vie! Anyway, this is NOT about me. It's about Tina, so read on to find out more about "The Naughty Dutch Girl!"

Kate Willoughby: Scenario: You are stranded on a deserted island for a month with the hero of The Pilot and the Pin-Up, Peter Kane. What three items would you take with you?

Tina Holland: 1) A book - not sure which one...so many to choose from.
2) A bottle of wine
3) A four poster bed of course.

KW: Is there any of yourself in the heroine of Last Virgin in Vegas, Gwen McIver, or is she purely a creation of your own imagination?

Gwen McIver has so much more confidence than I have, she is really more the friend I've always wanted. So confident, loyal, beautiful and all-around fun to be with.

KW: What was the genesis for Last Virgin in Vegas, your second book?

TH: When I wrote The Pilot and the Pin-Up, Gwen McIver and Lance another character cried out for their own story. I love Vegas...it seemed natural that I set it there. I visit the city annually. I love the energy there...and I don't even gamble.

KW: What is the most unusual place/situation in which your characters have had sex?

TH: In a short story I wrote for Kathryn Faulk's Bordella series, I have two characters that had sex in a pond under a waterfall.

KW: What was your favorite book when you were a child? What's your favorite book now?

TH: Beautiful Joe - It's the equivalent of Black Beauty for Dogs. Now hmm...looking over at bookshelf...I love Defy not the Heart by Johanna Lindsey...one of her best. I have many authors that I like.

KW: What are you reading right now?

TH: Currently I have bookmarks in Nerd gone Wild by Vicky Lewis Thompson and the Novel Writer's Tool Kit by Bob Mayer. I usually finish all my e-books in one sitting, so I don't have any to read there. Print books take me longer...I tend to carry them around with me...so read them whenever I have time. E-books I read when I block off some time.

KW: What did you want to be when you grew up?

TH: I wanted to be an anthropologist or archeaologist. I've always loved science. I could watch Discovery or Animal Planet most of the day.

KW: What was your last purchase?

TH: Bottled water and a Hershey's Caramel Bar...

KW: What's the craziest trend you¢ve ever followed?

TH: Parachute Pants...Ugh!

KW: If you could spend a week anywhere in the world, where would it be and what's the story you'd write about it? (You know, so you could claim the trip as a write-off.)

TH: Land of the Falling Lakes...Animals I love and it's in Eastern Europe. It's like one of the last places of Untouched Forest in the Ukraine I think. I saw it on Nature. Of course there are wolves and bears so I'll need to take a hero with me...
______

Ah, I can picture it now...sort of a souped up Hansel and Gretel thing, but without the sibling connection. Thanks to Tina for answering my wacky questions. Tina's second book is coming soon from Liquid Silver and if you'd like a freebie (who doesn't?) she posts "Rick the Dick" - a story she wrote for Kathryn Faulk's Bordella Series - every Friday on her blog.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home