Thursday, March 01, 2007

Thursday Thirteen: Shoulda Movies

Movies are an important part of American culture, and yet there are many movies that most everyone has seen that I have not. Two of them I'll probably never see (marked with an N), but some of them I would like to rent, just so I can finally understand what people are talking about when they refer to these movies.

1. It's a Wonderful Life
2. Breakfast at Tiffany's
3. Rocky Horror Picture Show
4. On the Waterfront
5. Rear Window
6. Pulp Fiction
7. Fargo (N)
8. The Graduate
9. Rebel Without a Cause
10. Psycho (N)
11. Casablanca
12. Dr. Zhivago
13. Citizen Kane (N)

What are some of the movies you've never seen but "everyone else" has?



The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged. If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've seen all the ones you list, and my favorites are Casablanca, Rear Window, Fargo, Psycho, and Dr. Zhivago.

A movie I've never seen that everyone raves about is The Godfather! Really need to see it one of these days. :)

Happy TTing, and thanks for visiting my blog!

4:58 PM  
Blogger Rhian said...

Why not Citizen Kane? I would think you'd like that one. It was an awesome film. And Rocky Horror - oh yeah baby! Love me some Frankenfurter. I watch so few movies anymore that pretty much anything and everything is a film i haven't seen.

5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting movies you chose; Rear Window was fantastic, I enjoyed The Graduate & Casablanca. I'm curious to know why you wouldn't watch Fargo, Psycho or Citizen Kane, tho...

And I wanted to share with you that I have a beautiful phoenix tattoo...there's a picture of it on my flickr account.

7:18 PM  
Blogger Lucie Simone said...

All great flicks on your list, Kate! The two films "everyone" has seen and I haven't are 1. The Sound of Music and 2. Brokeback Mountain. The reasons? I really hate musicals - the only ones I've ever loved are Moulin Rouge and Camp. The rest, I just tolerate. I know Brokeback is supposed to be a beautiful, amazing story, but I've been in love with two gay men in my life and I sure don't need to see a movie that's just going to remind me of that!

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've seen all of your list except Rear Window. Not too many I would watch again. I'm into modern "gotta sees" like The Departed.

9:14 PM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Thomma Lyn, oh, the Godfather should have been on my list, too. Never saw it. Don't really want to.

To be honest, I don't even know what Citizen Kane is about. LOL. Shame on me.

Janet, Fargo sounds too weird and violent (from what I remember hearing when it came out) Psycho is just too scary! I don't do very scary very well. I love phoenixes!

Brokeback was good, but I didn't love it. I think those guys are hot individually, but together...::shrugs:: I felt sorry for the wives.

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home