Thursday, February 22, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #3









Thirteen Yummy Candy "Bars"

1. Butterfingers - I love when the kids get these in their Halloween bags. They don't like them, but I sure do!
2. Heath Bars - Who doesn't like English toffee? This is especially good mashed up in coffee ice cream.
3. $100 Grand
4. Nestle's Crunch
5. Almond Joy
6. Bit O Honey - I have no idea what the little nut pieces are in this, but they're delish!
7. Abba Zaba
8. Almond Roca - not sure if this qualifies as a bar, but it's a favorite from when I was a little girl. 9. Kit Kats - I ground these up in the blender once with milk and vanilla ice cream. Very tasty.
10. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
11. Take 5 - I haven't actually eaten this, but the description on the website sounded great!
12. Twix - I remember when they first came out with these and tried to sell them on the cookie aisle. Yeah, right. It HAS a cookie in it, but it's not a cookie.
13. York Peppermint Patties




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged. If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well!

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Qtpies7 said...

thanks for stopping by my TT. I LOVE candy bars! I've never heard of an abba zaba.
Maybe some chocolate would bring me out of my funk today. Hmmmmm.....
Hope your uterus is ok now.

12:22 PM  
Blogger rashbre said...

I only know two of those 13. I suppose we have different candy here in the UK.

rashbre

3:06 PM  
Blogger Rhian said...

You know what i miss - Mars Bars. Can't find 'em anywhere - at least not in the South. I love german chocolate covered Marzipan too. Mmmmmm. Damn. No chocolate in the house.

5:14 PM  
Blogger Jenny McB said...

Found your blog while looking at TT13 tonight. Love your list and if you ever get to Canada, try the Aero bars or the Coffee Crisps. Every vacation up there, I buy a candy when out shopping.

Also, I read down further in your blog and I just love the posters at despair.com, especially since my employer has the real ones in our conference room.

A class for writing magazine romance stories, that sounds like a lot of fun. I have read various romance novels for the past 25 years and in the back of my mind, thought I would like to write one. I will have to look for your books.
Jeneb

8:39 PM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Abba Zabas are like taffy surrounding peanut butter, but in a long thin shape, like a squared off surfboard. It's hell on braces, but yummy!

I would assume candy is different from country to country. :)

I've heard of Mars Bars, but never had one. I must be missing out.

Yeah, Despair.com is hilarious!

9:26 PM  
Blogger Robin L. Rotham said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Robin L. Rotham said...

Reese's Peanut Butter Cups... (slurp) And Heath Bar. (mmmm) But my fave is Snickers. I haven't had a Mars Bar since high school.

1:59 PM  
Blogger Robin L. Rotham said...

That deleted one was me -- Blogger is PMSing today.

2:03 PM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Oh, jeez. I can't believe I forgot about Reese's. DOH.

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home