Thursday, February 15, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #2









Thirteen One Time Movies

I often see a movie that I really enjoy, but have no desire to see again, mostly because they were too intense, frightening, and/or disturbing. Here is a list of them. However, some of these are on the list because they sucked so bad.

1. "Schindler's List" - Intensely moving, yet too much to experience again.
2. "Seven" - Way way way too disturbing images. I was picturing the scenes of those homicides in my head for days.
3. "Blackhawk Down" - I felt like I'd BEEN in a war after seeing this movie in the theatre.
4. "The Sixth Sense" -- see comments about "Seven."
5. "The Silence of the Lambs" - I felt like I'd mainlined quarts of coffee when I got out of seeing this movie.
6. "Mystic River"
7. "Braveheart" - Can't watch the end. Nope.
8. "Shawshank Redemption" - The prison violence was just too much for me.
9. "Million Dollar Baby" - What an excellent movie. What an emotional rollercoaster. Once was enough.
10. "How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days" - I have no words for this.
11. "A Walk in the Clouds" A Mexican woman named Victoria. Keanu trying to be romantic. Didn't buy it in a big way.
12. "Doogal" - how can such talented actors do such a lousy job? I'm thinking it must have been the writing.
13. "The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl" - This is what happens with the director allows his children to co-write the movie with him.






Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged. If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!




Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Rhian said...

Funny - several of those are on my "Watch multiple times list" like Sixth Sense, Seven, Braveheart and Shawshank. I tend to like dark, disturbing movies with lots of symbolic stuff interwoven. A movie I will NEVER watch again is Titanic. I cried until i puked. Was SOOOO glad i didn't see that in the movie theater - that woulda been embarrassing. Also nine times out of ten, movies made from really good novels seem to disappoint me.

10:16 AM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Yes, in my opinion most novels encompass too much to be adequately transfered to the screen. Novellas work, though. Stephen King's stuff is proof of that. Stand by Me, Shawshank, Green Mile, etc.

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home