Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Delivered to your Door

I like receiving fun stuff in the mail, so I subscribe to magazines. Plus, I'm naturally cheap, so I like getting the magazines for less than you'd pay on the stands.

So here's my list of subscriptions:

1. Martha Stewart's Living - It's kind of pretentious in tone, but, it puts me in touch with my art education/background because the photographs and design are exquisite. I almost never do any of the things they write about, especially the gardening. So, I don't really know why I subscribe. Recently she showed how to organize a basement. Shit, my HOUSE doesn't look as nice as her basement.

2. Everyday Food - I love this magazine because there is always a picture to go with the recipe and the format is small, so it fits in my recipe notebook nicely.

3. Family Fun - I love the craft ideas they have in this magazine.

4. Maxim - There is great wit in this publication, even if it is unabashedly un-PC. I like tapping into the male psyche.

5. Real Simple - Great ideas, even if I'm not quite into the sort of yoga/crystal/New Age tone they sometimes adopt.

6. Woman's Day - I'm new to this one. I'll see how I like it this year.

7. Woman's World - I get this for research, to keep up on what they're buying.

Sheesh. It seems like so many when I actually list them! I think that it's tax-deductible, though.

So, my question is...what magazines do you subscribe to?

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope the weather is nice where you are...it is here in the San Diego area. Have a Happy Valentine's Day!

3:10 PM  
Blogger Robin L. Rotham said...

I don't subscribe to any magazines on purpose. I had a subscription to Ladies Home Journal, which should have run out over a year ago, but it just keeps coming.

And then a few months ago, I started receiving Bass Master, of all things! My name is on it and everything, but I certainly didn't order it. Mr. Robin chuckles every time he hands it to me, and I give him a dirty look and toss it directly into the garbage.

Oh, and I do get ByLine, a creative writing magazine, and of course RWR. Guess I have more subscriptions than I thought. :D

4:29 PM  
Blogger Anna J. Evans said...

I love Maxim. It is FABULOUS for getting in touch with the male mind. I've actually gotten a lot of ideas from that magazine

6:56 AM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

The dh doesn't mind getting it either. LOL.

8:08 AM  
Blogger Rene said...

I get MS Living. I used to get Everyday Food and I get Family Fun because I pay for Playhouse Disney onlin. My favorite cooking magazine is Cooks Illustrated. That's my fave. Every once in awhile I get a hankerin' for Sunset and pick up a subscription for a year or so. Oh, and Entertainment Weekly.

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home