Friday, August 31, 2007

Artist: Rhian Swain-Giboney


I feel like such a schmo because in all the months I've featured art on my blog on Fridays, I failed to display Rhian's! DOH. This is a wonderful painting called Hanging at the Metro. I love this for a lot of reasons. There are two chicks enjoying coffee! People are looking at art in the background. The colors jump. It makes me smile. That last reason is the most important. Rhi does with paintings what I hope I do with my stories. Thanks, Rhian, for brightening my day.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Anna J. Evans said...

Awww, that's gorgeous. Rhian is a talented goddess. Thanks for sharing Kate,

Anna J. Evans

5:31 PM  
Blogger Rhian said...

awww geez! thanks hon! It completely cracks me up that everyone likes this painting since i did it mostly as a joke. It's ended up being one of my most publicized pieces, even used recently to promote that NSA speaking thingy i did.
I adore you Kate and your dedicatation to pimping art!
xxx
Rhi

2:52 AM  
Blogger Tilly Greene said...

Beautiful! Reminds me of our ladies lunches...bright, full of chatter and cheer.

Thank you Kate...and Rhian!

I'm going to have to keep checking in for the Friday Art - great way to start a weekend.

7:33 AM  
Blogger Laura Bacchi said...

I love it! Makes me wonder what they're talking about. Men, I think ;)

8:05 PM  
Blogger Robin L. Rotham said...

Makes me jealous. I want to be at the coffee shop, gossiping with a friend! :D

2:29 PM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Anna, Rhian, Tilly, Laura, and Robin, thanks so much for coming by!

Yes, Tilly, come every Friday, but I have to warn you, sometimes I'm a day late getting the post up.

8:38 PM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

LMAO! I was logged in as characters from my book because I'm setting up a blog for them. So, folks, the comment above is by me, Kate.

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home