Thursday, August 23, 2007

Thursday 3: Room To Grow

My house is too small. I don't see us moving into a bigger house any time soon, but I often dream about it. I would love to have:


1. An office/craft room. I scrapbook, or try to. It's too much of a pain to put all my stuff away everytime I'm done, so I don't do it as often as I'd like. Also, it would be so awesome to have a room of my very own where I could write, a room with a door that could be closed! Oh, impossible dream.


2. An extra bedroom so the boys could have their own rooms.


3. A casual family room where we could watch movies together and leave the living room nice for entertaining.


What would you do with an extra room in your house? Assume it is for your exclusive use and it can only serve one FUN purpose (not storage or for guests.) What fun activity would you reserve this room for?


Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Definitely a craft room. I'd like one long table along one wall where I could spread out my scrapbooking materials (and drawers to hold paper, etc), and another long workspace on the other side for making cards and housing all of my stamping supplies.

There'd also be one bookcase for all the craft books, maybe two since I already have an entire tower bookcase of just cross-stitch books and magazines, and at least one of those three-drawer carts for cross-stitch supplies.

It would be soooo nice to have all of this stuff contained in one room, where friends and I could spread out and stamp or scrap together. And no unsupervised kids allowed!

10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dream room, only because I have the office to write in already, is a laundry room with two washes (one top loading and one front loading) and two dryers to get the laundry finished faster. I’d also like a rack to hang delicate items, an ironing board I didn’t have to put away, a mangle iron for flat items, and a sew table with a sewing machine I didn’t have to put away.

Now if we’re really dreaming here. This room should be large enough to hold a scrapbooking table to seat four (my daughter and two sisters) where everything can be left our to work on. I could scrapbook, write (with my AlphaSmart), sew, or iron. Heaven.

If I had the dream of a second room, it would be used for my baby dolls. I have six and they’d need furniture and closet space for their clothes. I could dress them for holidays and just go in the room to visit.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Heather, you're a gal after my own heart! We crafter-types have to stick together. :)

Anon, oh, yes. I remember my apartment dwelling days when the laundry room would be vacant, and I could do three loads all at once!

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home