Thursday, August 09, 2007

Thursday 3: Time Warp

Last week I read someone's Thursday Thirteen list and they mentioned several times that they wished they had more time. Don't we all? Here are three time related things I wish I could do.

1. Cram eight hours of sleep into one hour.

2. Stop time for a maximum of twenty minutes so I could analyze a situation before acting, or come up with some really clever reply.

3. Go back in time so I could relive some fine moments in my life, sort of like an interactive scrapbook. Like, it'd be nice to be able to hold my sons when they were babies again or feed my husband that bite of wedding cake. Stuff like that.


Question: If you could only have ONE of the three abilities I listed, which one would you choose?

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Robin L. Rotham said...

Oh, cram eight hours of sleep into one, for sure. That would be awesome!

9:56 AM  
Blogger Gaucho said...

Agreed. An eight for one trade-off would be wonderful - of course, since I rarely get eight hours of sleep, I might not know what it's supposed to feel like.

Going back in time is a trap - for whatever the reason. You'd end up reliving your old memories and never bother to create any new ones.

In my experience, I either have an answer or an apt comment or I don't. Giving me oodles of time to figure one out usually doesn't help. It's on the tip of my tongue (or brain) or it isn't.

6:52 AM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

I suppose you're right about number two, but do we go about actively creating new memories, or do they just happen?

8:04 AM  
Blogger Gaucho said...

Oh, now you're going all Philip K. Dick on me. Technically, I suppose, memories just happen, but if your new memories involve reliving old ones, wouldn't that be, well, redundant?

6:45 AM  
Blogger Laura Bacchi said...

I'd definitely go back in time to hold my child again too. I'd also whisper in my other me's ear during those tough times, "Chill out. Everything's gonna be fine. You'll see."

5:59 PM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Gaucho, I suppose that it would be redundant, technically. ;P

Oh, Laura, if I could whisper advice to my younger self, I am sure my life would be completely different.

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home