Monday, July 30, 2007

Story: You've Got Mail!

What follows is an analysis of a Woman's World story with suggestions/observations for people who want to sell stories to WW, peppered with some personal opinion, too. :)

Story: "You've Got Mail!" by Rosa Lee Jude from the July 17, 2007 issue.

Tagline: Andrea hadn't considered dating in years--but sometimes love finds us in the most ordinary places...

Woman's World has been publishing some pretty good stories lately, if you ask me. This was one of them, even if the title was jacked from the movie I, coincidentally, watched just last night.

Using confusing email addresses as a way for the hero and heroine to meet was something I haven't seen before in a WW story. The humor throughout made me smile.

Best Part: You didn't tell me that new jeans need their own laundry, too. Oh, man. I fell for Tom right then.

In My Humble Opinion: Creative spelling of names is a pet peeve of mine, so I didn't care for the name Calleigh.

Grade: A

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, Kate that the stories are getting better lately. I liked this one.

Can't believe people from the class are making comments on your reviews. I have been downloading them into a notebook.

Pat

9:04 PM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Ah, but wait until next week. The July 31 story was not so hot.

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home