Saturday, July 21, 2007

Artist: Albena Vatcheva

This painting is called Fish in My Hair. Here is what the artist, Albena Vatcheva, says about her art:

My paintings present...Egyptian, Indian, African influences, Art Nouveau, the fairy tales; inspiration from the stained glass windows, from the Greek and Arabian mythology, but above all POETRY TENDERNESS AND LOVE – the matter that unites and creates.

I can see all of that in this painting. I love how the eyes extend beyond the face. I'm so uptight that if I ever painted people, it would never occur to me to do that, and yet it's so beautiful. I also like the wispy lines throughout that make me feel like she's above the earth, perhaps a benevolent goddess.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That's a cool painting!

2:54 PM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Hey, Feisty! Good to see you! Thanks, I liked it a lot.

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home