Thursday, July 19, 2007

Thursday 3: Old Guys

Like I said a couple of weeks ago, Thursday 13 was to much to keep up with, so I'm going to try Thursday 3. :D I have a limited amount of time and if I eliminate 10 things from the list every week, that's a good thing.

So, this week I'm listing three "experienced" actors that I love.

1. Peter O'Toole - I love this man's voice. He used it so wonderfully in Ratatouille as the character Anton Ego. I also remember him vividly in the 80's miniseries Masada in which he played a Roman general.














2. Kirk Douglas - Of course, he played the title role in Spartacus. I needn't say more, but I loved him in The Man from Snowy River, where he played two roles (twin brothers.) I don't remember what he said during an awards acceptance speech, but I do remember he made an impression on me as a man who has loved his life and despite his stroke (?) is determined to enjoy what is left.





3. Mickey Rooney - He's a teddy bear. I wanna hug him. Did you know he was the voice of Kris Kringle in the Christmas special, Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town? Most recently he was in Night in the Museum, that flick with Ben Stiller, which I enjoyed.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cary Grant
Charlton Heston
Gregory Peck

3:47 PM  
Blogger Rhian said...

i got hooked on Pete-ah when he played in Masada. Instantly fell in love. Even went and saw Caligula in the theatres because he was in it. Totally wickedly sarcastic - absolutely drool-worthy Peter.

5:09 PM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

OMG! How could I have forgotten Charlton? Betcha didn't know I was IN a movie with him. Seriously! I was an extra in the movie The Hawaiians. I was about six or seven.

Pete-ah! LOL. He and Richard Chamberlain (another old guy I remember fondly from a miniseries.

11:27 AM  
Blogger Fortyniner said...

Many, many years ago, my high school's world history classes were taken to a near-by theatre to see the movie Becket. I was anxious to see Richard Burton because of his then highly publicized romance with Elizabeth Taylor. Burton was okay, but I fell in love with O'Toole.

Another old guy I like is Sean Connery. Whether I watch him in a an old James Bond movie with hair or in a current movie without hair, he is always sexy to me.

5:44 PM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Oh, forgot about Sean. Yeah, he's sexy. So is Patrick Stewart.

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home