Thursday, August 02, 2007

Thursday 3: Beyond

Bed Bath and Beyond is one of my favorite stores. Here's what I'd get if I got a three item shopping spree, no limit on cost.

1. I have one stainless steel skillet that my sister got me for my birthday. Oh, what I wouldn't give to have an entire set of cookware. I HATE my Circulon stuff.






2. This is one of those parafin wax spa thingys. In the course of physical therapy for my tendonitis, I have to dip my hand and wrist into warm wax. It's so lovely and makes my skin so soft, I wish I had to do it to both hands. I may end up asking for this for Christmas this year. My only problem would be keeping the boys from fooling around with it.


3. Okay, I'm drooling over this. My stand mixer is WONDERFUL, however, it would be nice to be able to flip the top up so I could add flour more easily. Of course, it would cost $500 for this little convenience, so I don't see that happening any time soon. Alas.

What would you get at BB&B?

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger Elle Fredrix said...

I want one of those mixers. I just have a hand held one.

And hey! Great idea to do only 3. Sometimes coming up with 13 things is just too much!

9:49 AM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Well, I thought about doing, like, five, but Thursday Five sounded stupid. LOL

10:27 AM  
Blogger Gina Ardito aka Katherine Brandon said...

I luuuuurve my stand mixer. And my daughter started working at BB&B this month. Can you say 20 percent discount? Score!

11:23 AM  
Blogger Lanie said...

I do love nice pans, so I can see wanting those.

I almost gave up on my list. I think it took me 30 minutes to do. You'd think I'd know more about myself!

12:14 PM  
Blogger Robin L. Rotham said...

Not a stainless steel skillet! I've got to have Teflon or I can't flip my omelets. *g*

I do have a KitchenAid stand mixer, but I'd really like to have a bigger one.

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Must have rice cooker. I burn rice constantly. It is just totally wrong how I can screw up boiling water.

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice wish list!
The Kitchen Aid mixer - if you don't mind refurb, you can get that $500 model for under $200. Call the manufacturer and ask them to check their refurb resale list, they've usually got over a half dozen different models. Comes with a manufacturers warrenty.
My "new" one should be here next week >G<.

2:51 PM  
Blogger P. Robinson said...

I found one of the paraffin wax things at Walmart on clearance for $5- watch out for good deals there, I love mine.
I have a Kitchen Aide mixer that lifts up like that and it seems like it was under $200. I love using that also!
Kissa

4:34 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Shirk said...

Good choices! I love my Kitchen Aid stand mixer--especially around Christmas time with all the baking and stuff.

5:25 PM  
Blogger Rhonda Helms said...

MAN, if I could, I'd ge the chair massager. hahahaha

6:40 AM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Gina, I officially hate you! LOL

Lanie, join me on the Dark Side. Do Thursday THREE!!!

Robin, having stainless steel won't preclude me from having a non-stick skillet for eggs. At least, it better not!

7:09 AM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Gabriella, microwave rice cookers work very well!

Ember and Kissa, great suggestions. Thanks!!!

Rhonda, I didn't see the chair massager! Waaaa!

7:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want that last one too, it looks amazing. If I had that I'd bake more often :)

2:28 PM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

I like the copper color, but I don't have any copper in my kitchen. :(

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home