Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The Cemetery Project


I can't remember how I found this site, but I thought I'd share it with you just the same. It's a place where you can view the gravesites of famous people. You can view them via category (artists, explorers, US Presidents, etc.) or search by name. This is where Michelangelo is interred. Pretty snazzy, huh!

Anyway, for those so morbidly inclined, here is a link for The Cemetary Project by Michael Reed. I imagine his man just tours cemeteries wherever he goes. What an unusual hobby.

Do you have an unusual hobby?

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Robin L. Rotham said...

LOL! I can honestly say this is something I've never wondered about -- what the gravesites of famous people look like. But it is very interesting. I recall seeing Forest Lawn on TV programs over the years. (John Denver did a very funny song about that place. :D)

9:28 AM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Seeing this site was a little like seeing the Hollywood Walk of Fame, but with a morbid twist. Thanks for stopping by, Robin! I'll be posting your interview next week. :)

10:51 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

I remember finding this site a few years ago through Ancestry.com. It is kind of interesting but, though I admit to a love of cemeteries from a purely historical POV (honest!), I can't imagine taking an interest to the heights he has. I will say that it was really cool walking through Pere Lachaise Cemetery in Paris years ago, surrounded by so many greats such as Colette and Hugo.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

I'm embarrassed to say I don't know who Colette was.

7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home