Friday, August 10, 2007

Artist: Ledent

Last Snow in Ardennes by Ledent

Isn't this beautiful? I was drawn to the colors Ledent used. Again, I'm so repressed that I would never think of using these colors to paint a winter landscape, but it so works here.

Here's what he has to say about his art:

The act of painting has become a way of being. I paint everyday and I almost feel sick when I ve not been painting for a day. Even, the most common everyday visions can be the start of a painting. Putting my own vision of reality on a canvas brings never ending happiness.

Hmm. Sounds a little like how I feel about writing.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Gaucho said...

Repressed? :)

6:53 AM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Oh, stop laughing, Gaucho. Repressed in visual arts, not wordsmithing, as you well know.

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home