Friday, November 09, 2007

Artist: Amedeo Gennarelli (1910-1976)

I tried to find biographical information on Amedeo Gennarelli, but was unsuccessful. However, that didn't deter me from posting photos of this sculpture from the Jennmaur Gallery in San Francisco. If you're a regular visitor of my blog, then you probably know that most of the art that I like engenders feelings of optimism and happiness. This is no different. This woman embodies joy in every part of her body. The sculpture is called Carrier Pigeon, perhaps because she is sending a heartfelt letter to her lover, or vice versa. I'm glad I was able to find photos of the front and the back.




Have a fantastic weekend. Try to do something that makes you feel like this sculpture.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The statue is gorgeous. You have a really great eye. I always enjoy whatever art piece you post or artist you put a spotlight on.

You have a good weekend too.

4:44 AM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Thanks for stopping by, Gab! I really appreciate the comment. It takes me a while to find a piece of art every Friday, so it helps to know that people enjoy it.

7:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anyone that can sculpt a body is just awesome. the best I can manage is comic books on paper (without the hands and feet) LOL

7:03 PM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Hey, you're leaps and bounds ahead of me. I can't draw people at all!

10:11 PM  
Anonymous Marie said...

This is one of the best sculptures Gennarelli ever made; I love the way he pictures woman; they always look like strong and sexy amazones. Absolute amazing! :)

12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home