Thursday, November 01, 2007

Thursday 3: Take It and Run

I live in California near where some of the fires were. Luckily, we were never in serious danger of evacuating, although several families we know had to leave their homes or were on the alert.

This week I'm listing three things I would take out of my house if we ever are evacuated.

1. My photo albums - This might count as 16 items, but these visual chronicles of my family (1993-present) are priceless. Absolutely everything else could burn to the ground and get replaced.

2. The computers - For obvious reasons.

3. My journal - I've been so consistent with my ten-year journal that I would hate to see it go up in smoke.

It's interesting to discover that there isn't that much in my house that I couldn't live without. Of course, losing your house and all your possessions would be devastating, but if I had at least the first two items, I'd get over it.

What would you save?

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Lucie Simone said...

Well, I'd have to take my two cats. Is that one item, or two? And I agree, I'd grab my photo albums next. Other than that, there really isn't anything that I couldn't absolutly live without, though my collection of sexy bras would be sorely missed!

3:04 PM  
Blogger L.K. Campbell said...

Two of my cousins lost their houses in the fire. They had about 10 minutes to leave when they saw the fire coming down the hillside, so it was basically the clothes on their backs and nothing else.

4:41 PM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Lucie, bras are really expensive! I don't blame you for wanting to save them.

I'm sorry to hear about your cousins, LK. Did their house burn?

6:28 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

My dogs and cat

My purse with my ID and ATM card

Photos

(My writing is on Google Docs so I have all my writing somewhere safe already)

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home