Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Random Acts of Patriotism

I have a great respect and sense of gratitude for our military. A couple of years ago, I "adopted" three soldiers by sending them care packages one to two times a month. I don't do that anymore, but I do send the occasional book, note, postcard, etc. to individuals through the Books For Soldiers program. (See link to the right if you're interested.)

However, I just found out a completely free way of supporting the troops that the Xerox company is sponsoring. With just a few clicks of your mouse, you can send a note of gratitude to someone overseas. I think it's important to let them know that their daily sacrifices are appreciated here at home.

It can take, literally, as little as ten seconds if you're not particular about which card or message you send. So come on...brighten a soldier's day.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

I sent a few notes through that last year, but had completely forgotten about it. An excellent time of year for a reminder.

I used to be fairly active with BFS, but then became involved with a group that supplies handmade greeting cards for troops stationed overseas and have been concentrating on that the past two years.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Dana Belfry said...

Brilliant!

I tend to send semi-anonymous care packages (they're anonymous, I'm not). But this is awesome!

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bookmarked the books for soldiers thing when I visited your blog last week. I've just sent a postcard. I figure it doesn't matter if I come from NZ :)

12:46 PM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

No, it doesn't matter at all, I don't think!

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home