Thursday, February 28, 2008

Thursday 3: Inklings

There's a popular meme called Thursday 13 in which every Thursday you make a list of thirteen things. I did this for a few months, but I don't have time for thirteen! So, I whittled it down to Thursday 3.


Everyone has interests. As a writer, I sometimes get to indulge in those interests when I write. Here are three subjects that will probably someday get incorporated into a story of mine somehow.

1. Fans -- I think they're so elegant and romantic. A fan played an important part in the movie A Good Woman, adapted from an Oscar Wilde play. I see myself creating a world in which fans are used for more than just cooling yourself off.

2. Swords -- You can't get much more phallic than a sword. I've always loved swashbuckler movies, and master swordsmen are dangerous and disciplined and make delicious heroes. In Jacqueline Carey's Kushiel series, the hero Joscelin is deadly with a sword. He's not bad with his knives either.



3. Mermaids -- I actually have a few chapters of a mermaid story and someday I'll get back to it. But The Little Mermaid was a favorite story when I was a little girl, and I used to pretend I was a mermaid when I swam. And remember that movie Splash with Darryl Hannah and Tom Hanks? Loved that!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home