Thursday, March 06, 2008

Thursday 3: 1981 Classic

There's a popular meme called Thursday 13 in which every Thursday you make a list of thirteen things. I did this for a few months, but I don't have time for thirteen! So, I whittled it down to Thursday 3.


Sometimes I like to see if you can recognize a movie from three quotes. These quotes are all uttered by the same character.

1. "I've taken the liberty of anticipating your condition. I have brought you orange juice, coffee, and aspirins. Or do you need to throw up?"

2. "Normally, someone would have to go to a bowling alley to meet someone of your stature."

3. "Good afternoon. If you and your undershirt will take two paces backwards, I could enter this dwelling."

Hint: The movie title is one word long.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Paige Tyler said...

LOL! I have no clue!

*hugs*
Paige

My TT is at http://paigetylertheauthor.blogspot.com/

8:42 AM  
Blogger Gaucho said...

They don't make actors like John Gielgud anymore. *sigh*

And my favorite lines are these:

Susan: A real woman could stop you from drinking.
Arthur: It'd have to be a real BIG woman.

6:55 AM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

LMAO, Gaucho. Yes, Gielgud is sorely missed.

Paige, it was Arthur, with Dudley Moore and Liza Minelli.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Ms Menozzi said...

I had those lines memorized at the age of 10! Arthur is one of my all-time favorite films, ever!

I'm cracking up just reading the lines... Once, when I was about 16, I remember a radio station played the soundtrack for the film (that's the audio soundtrack - the dialogue, etc) so people could hear it in stereo. I didn't even need to watch it, I just listened to it in my room and laughed and laughed...

"Peanuts!"
LOL!

8:48 AM  
Blogger Lucie Simone said...

Arthur is one of my faves, too! I love the line in the end where the bride's father grabs the knife out of the cheese and Arthur sobs, "do you think he wants some cheese?" Hilarious!

11:13 AM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

There are SO MANY classic quotable lines from this movie. It's such a classic. When I watched it again recently, I couldn't believe how young Jill Eikenberry was. Way before LA Law, I think.

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home