Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Water Water Everywhere

I haven't posed a question in a while, so here we go. What is your preference? Cruise ship, powerboat, sailboat, rowboat, kayak, or inner tube?

I just went on a cruise, and I have to say, that's my preference. However, I really enjoy driving powerboats. We used to rent houseboats on Lake Shasta every summer, and friends we knew who lived in nearby Redding owned a boat. I water skiied a couple of times, but am not a thrill seeker and didn't really enjoy the worry that I was going to get a Lake Shasta enema, which I did one time. Not fun, let me tell you. Give me the luxury of a cruise ship any day of the week.

What type of water vehicle do you like best?

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kate,

What a great idea for discussion. I’ve been a two cruises and enjoyed them. I’ve also taken sailboat lessons and done a couple of sailing mini-trips and a sunset cruise, thoroughly enjoyed them. Canoeing with my Girl Scout troop for seven years was a wonderful adventure, but these days my arthritic knees just don’t allow this luxury. Would love to try kayaking, but again, I don’t think that will happen at this stage of my life. However, since my brother-in-law just bought a Jet Ski, I just might venture out on the water on it.

I guess you pretty much figured out by now that as an East coast girl, if you’re on the water, I with you.

Pat

6:59 AM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Cool! I almost splurged on the kayak excursion on the cruise, but it said it was vigorous, and I didn't think I was physically up to it. :( I think how hard kayaking is depends on where you do it.

8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I love the water! Unfortunately, I get seasick so darn easily that any type of water vehicle makes me nauseous just thinking about it. And yes, I've tried everytyhing that's supposed to help. No luck. It hasn't stopped me. I've tried everything but the cruise ship and would be willing to give that a try sometime. I think. :)

8:03 AM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Cruises are the bomb. With all the running you do, you could totally pig out. All the food is included in the price, so you can eat literally all day. However, on this particular cruise the coffee was horrid. I couldn't even drink it!

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You just said the magic words...pig out. It's a good thing I do run with all the food I enjoy.

7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home