Thursday, June 05, 2008

Thursday 3: The Silver Screen

There's a popular meme called Thursday 13 in which every Thursday you make a list of thirteen things. I did this for a few months, but I don't have time for thirteen! So, I whittled it down to Thursday 3.
Here are the last three movies I saw...

Lars and the Real Girl - Very strange, but funny. At first, I thought, I don't think this is my type of movie. This guy is too out there for me to identify with, but the more I watched, the more it grew on me. If you rent this, give it a decent chance. The doctor in the movie, played by Patricia Clarkson, has the very best line the whole flick. I still chuckle when I think about it.
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - I was afraid this would suck, like the Temple of Doom, but it wasn't horrid. Got a little too spacey for me, but you can judge for yourself. It was really nice seeing Karen Allen come back.
Dan in Real Life - Funny. I liked the familial interaction. Steve Carrell surprises me and even made me tear up at the end.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Paige Tyler said...

We loved Indiana Jones! It was great!

*hugs*
Paige

My TT is at http://paigetylertheauthor.blogspot.com/

10:28 AM  
Blogger Lucie Simone said...

I loved how the mannequin in Lars and the Real Girl really did become real to all the townspeople - just because they loved Lars. Now that's sweet!

P.S. Love your new website! Very cute!

4:18 PM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

I thought it was hilarious, Lucie. And Paige, Indiana Jones was quite a romp. I missed Sean Connery, though. Would have been nice to see Shia and Sean banter.

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home