Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I'm It

I've been tagged. :) I kinda like being tagged. It makes me feel like I'm in the In-Crowd, but it's more likely that my crowd just likes memes.

Anyway this meme is called the 1-2-3 tag:

Here are the rules:
1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people and post a comment to the person who tagged you once you’ve posted your three sentences.

I picked up The Lady and the Unicorn, by Tracy Chevalier. She wrote Girl with a Pearl Earring, which I really enjoyed. Both books are fictional books that revolve around a work of art. This time it's about six unicorn tapestries. Here's a picture of one of them.






And here are the sentences:

"Christine and I need to discuss it," Georges said. "I'll give you my answer tomorrow."

"Good," Jacques said. He picked up the knife and cut himself a large wedge. "You give me the girl and you'll get your blue. And don't try to go to other woad dyers--they know me better than they know you."

Jacques is a woad dyer in Brussels who wants to marry Georges' daughter, Alienor. Alienor can't really hope for much better than the dyer who smells like sheep's pee because she's blind. I really worried about Alienor. She is a wonderful character. I really enjoyed this book.

Oh, I forgot to tag more victi--er, bloggers. I tag: Evie Byrne, Loribelle, TJ Bennett, Chloe Devlin, and Keira Ramsay

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for playing!

11:10 AM  
Blogger Lucie Simone said...

Tracy Chevalier is one of my favorite authors. And my favorite Chevalier book is Falling Angels, but I also loved The Lady & The Unicorn. And I got to see the tapestries in person recently on a trip to Paris. Amazing.

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home