Thursday, May 15, 2008

Thursday 3: Men From My Past

For this week's Thursday 3, I bring you back to my childhood once again. Like most young girls, I became fixated in various male celebrites. (Well, I still sorta do. Don't ask me about Jude, or Daniel C., or Clive.)

Donny Osmond was the first object of my obsession. I bought every album he made. I joined the Osmond Brothers Fan Club (I still have the official documents to prove it), declared that purple was also my favorite color, and rejoiced in the fact that our birthdays were within three weeks of each other's. This particular album cover often fell victim to my lips as I practiced kissing. Should the opportunity ever have arisen where Donny was within a kissing radius, I wanted to be ready. I must have crooned "Puppy Love" a gazillion times while swaying wistfully in my living room, clutching the album cover to my flat chest. Oh, how my mother must have laughed.

I also lusted after the indomitable Captain James Tiberius Kirk. I was always quite excited when, in the course of going where no man had gone before, his shirt got ripped or was completely removed. I always hated his many female conquests, those bitches. For heaven's sake, my body was a place where no man had gone before. Why couldn't he ravish me?

Finally, when I was thirteen, I discovered that we lived less than a mile from where Clark Gable once lived. I hence read Gone With the Wind and saw the movie and...you guessed it...fell in love. I read several Clark Gable biographies. If I could have rented movies, I would have, but it was in the days before there was even Beta video recording. (Yeah, I'm old.) My love for him was even more tragic because the man was dead. Alas.

So, spill. Who'd you pine for?

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Dana Belfry said...

Um...pass.

Kevin Costner? Yes.
Donnie Osmond? *shudder* (and not in a good way)

5:39 PM  
Blogger Mia said...

Tim Jones

What's Up Pussycat? Meow yeow yeow...

Plus there was a special summer variety show he had on. I just loved that man....

5:39 PM  
Blogger Mia said...

ROFLMAO Big ol' typo TOM Jones

who the heck is Tim Jones anyway?

5:40 PM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Tim was his younger brother, the one who everyone ignored. LOL

Hey, Donny was HOT, I tell you. It was the late sixties early seventies for heaven's sake!!

7:21 PM  
Blogger Gaucho said...

Hayley Mills. mmmm, the Moonspinners.

4:09 AM  
Blogger Lucie Simone said...

My first celeb crush was on Shaun Cassidy. Oh, how I loved his feathered hair! But my one neverending celebrity love is Johnny Depp. For him, I am forever true!

3:46 PM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

I remember Shaun Cassidy. I liked him, but he couldn't replace Donny in my heart.

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home