Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Grammatical Mental Block

I consider myself to be a smart girl. However, I have quite a few mental blocks that I can't seem to overcome. For example, I can't seem to understand the complexities of lay vs. lie. Sometimes, I'm so flummoxed that I just choose a completely different verb and avoid all the confusion. Sometimes, though, it's The Right Word and I have to try to figure out which permutation to use.

In the hope that I'm not the only doofus out there with this grammar syndrome, I'm posting this fabulous webpage that does a great job of explaining which word is correct for your situation. I hope it comes in handy for you.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Kate! I guarantee I'm a bigger doofus than you!

6:48 AM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Nuh-uh.

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home