Friday, May 16, 2008

Artist: Cheryl & Wayne Renshaw

If you've never been to a street painting festival, you really should try to get to one. There's one going on in Santa Barbara on May 27 - 29. They don't really paint the street. They draw on it with pastels. Then, after a day or so, they wash away the pictures!! It's so tragic that the beauty is erased so soon after it was created. Still, it's worth it to watch the art being done.





















Here is a painting done by Lord Frederic Leighton. I adore this painting. I love the translucent fabric of her gown.





















And here are some photos of Cheryl and Wayne Renshaw in action. Check out the huge scale of their work.


















And here is the finished product. Are you awed? You should be. I've done some street paintings, too, but much smaller and less ambitious. It's great fun. Here's one of mine.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Eden Bradley-Eve Berlin said...

Flaming June is my one of my favorite paintings ever! And these street artists always amaze me. Beautiful!

12:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That is really stunning. I would love to see an artist in action doing something like that. Very cool.

1:31 AM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Eden, I think I saw you post this painting on your website! I think it's beautiful.

Gabriella, you can probably Google "street painting" to find out if there are any festivals by you, but then again, in Japan they might not do this type of thing. :(

12:44 PM  
Blogger HK Collect said...

Saw the renshaws at Danville Art Festival and snapped some pix. Awesome artists! http://www.pbase.com/cits_4_pets/just_in_new_pix

Flo

12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home