Sunday, February 19, 2006

Choco-Facts


Weekly Trivia Topic: Chocolate!

Luckily I grew out of my childhood chocolate allergy. If I hadn't, I might have gone into a downward spiral and killed myself by now. I now have chocolate everyday, usually in the form of a Hershey's kiss. So, in honor of my daily indulgence here are a few interesting facts.

U.S. consumers eat 2.8 billion pounds of chocolate annually, representing nearly half of the world's supply.

This doesn't surprise me. The candy makers have a special offering for every holiday and season, don't they? Wait, I don't think I've seen St. Patrick's Day or Cinco de Mayo M&Ms yet. But then, March is only a couple of weeks away.

Chocolate syrup was used for the blood in the famous shower scene in the Alfred Hitchcock movie 'Psycho'. The scene lasts for about 45 seconds in the movie, but took 7 days to film.

You know, I've never seen this movie.

Chocolate does not aggravate acne. Experiments conducted at the University of Pennsylvania nd the U.S. Naval Academy found that consumption of chocolate -- even frequent daily dietary intake -- had no effect on the incidence of acne. Professional dermatologists today do not link acne with diet.

And now I find myself slightly bitter about all those years of listening to my mother harp on me for not eating candy bars. Think I'll go eat one of the espresso chocolate malted milk balls my hubby gave me!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read »

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home