Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Music to my Ears (and Fingers)


This Week's Recommendation: "Gladiator" Soundtrack

As you may have gathered, I write erotic romance. I like to listen to music when I write. It helps get my creativity flowing. But I can't write to music with words, so I have a large collection of movie soundtracks. Opera, too, because they sing in foreign languages and I can't get distracted by lyrics I don't understand.

The soundtrack to the movie "The Gladiator," is fabulous. It's very intense and though my temptation is to play it very loud, too much volume makes it hard to write. Even if you don't write, it's great music. Dennis Prager, the radio talkshow host, uses it as his theme music.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Shawn said...

Hmmm...I haven't heard the Gladiator cd. I'll have to put it on my list. I really love the Last of the Mohicans and Braveheart soundtracks.

4:48 AM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

I have Last of the Mohicans. That IS a good one. Braveheart is good? I'll look for it today when I go shopping. I'm going to pick up maybe the second LOTR soundtrack because the first one was excellent. Harry Potter, too, but John Williams did the one I have, and I don't think he scored the latter movies.

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home