Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Emma Petersen Spotlight

Like me, Emma Petersen began writing in high school. After years of honing her craft, she proudly announces her first book, Branded, will be available on September 22 from Cobblestone Press. She also has two other releases coming soon. Dragon's Mate is the first in her Dragon Kin shapeshifter series, and Finding Paradise she co-wrote with another Cobblestone author, Crystal Jordan.

Scenario: You are stranded on a deserted island for a month with one of your heroes. Which one would it be and why? What three items would you take with you?

It would definitely be Eric Dogori from Dragon’s Mate (to be released October 2006.) And as for my three items, I would take an unlimited supply of condoms, a laptop with an uber super extended battery that would last for 2 years and vitamins for Eric; he’d need them.

Your series is called the Dragon Kin. Tell me a little about the shifters in the world you've created.

Once upon a time, long, long ago-- Hehe. Just kidding. Dragon Kin are dragon shifters, most who are trapped in human form because they or their ancestor spent too much time in human form. Only a few among the Kin can still shift to their true forms.

Among the Kin there are five Clans: Born For Earth, Born For Water, Born For Fire, Born For Metal and Born For Air. Each Clan has an alpha, which in our world are called Primuls, and each alpha has a second, or Urmator. Urmators are born and raised to serve their Primuls. Each Clan has a unique talent all of their own.

If you could be a shapeshifter, would you? Why?

I would love to be a shapeshifter! Could you imagine? You’d have this whole other secret side of yourself no one knew about. Maybe I would be a werewolf and my life would revolve around the cycle of the moon. My hearing and eyesight would be awesome! I would totally love that!

I love dragons. Are there any authors of dragon books, like Anne McCaffrey, who have influenced you?

Katie MacAlister’s You Slay Me and Fire Me Up are the only dragon books I’ve read and I loved them!

In that vein, name your top five favorite authors.

I have so many! But I guess my ultimate favorites are Toni Morrison, Anne Rice, Susan Elizabeth Phillips, Jennifer Crusie, and Jaid Black.

You write both contemporary and paranormal. Which one to you lean toward more?

I actually started writing contemps by accident. Branded and Finding Paradise were my first contemporary romances. All my other books are paranormals. I lean more towards paranormals because I love vampires and werewolves.

What's the craziest thing you've ever done?

Hmm…Craziest thing I’ve ever done. Run half naked into the Pacific Ocean in the middle of the night?

If you were a Bond Girl, what would your name be?

LOL! Titsa Normous?

Got any pets?

He’s not exactly a pet so much as a flakey roommate who never has his share of the rent on time. His name is Toussaint.

In closing, share with me a little about your current project, The Heart Knows.

Here’s a little blurb:

Hannah Bryant has always been different. Since she was a child, she’s had vivid dreams of dreams of death and loss. Hannah’s gift was more of a curse for her scientific, straight-laced parents. So she learned at an early age to suppress her dreams. Now an adult, Hannah is everything her parents want her to be.

The dreams have now returned, only this time the dreams aren’t of death and loss. The dreams are intense and sexual, leaving Hannah aching and empty for something she can’t name. When she meets the enigmatic Gabriel Leadercharge, she knows she’s seen him before, and she has.

In her dreams.

I'd like to thank Emma for answering my crazy questions. Please visit her at her website, or blog.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great interview Emma and Kate! I enjoyed it, and those Cobblestone covers are gorgeous.

Congrats to Emma, can't wait to read some of your new releases,

anna j evans

6:51 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

Terrific interview!

5:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home