Thursday, September 07, 2006

Where's Kathleen?

This Week's Question: What is your favorite Kathleen Turner movie?

I was watching a little of Jewel of the Nile last week and wondered whatever became of Kathleen Turner. She used to be one of my favorite actresses, but I haven't seen her in much lately. I've HEARD her, though. My sons and I caught "Monster House," and she was the voice of Constance in that movie. Anyway, below is a list of most of her movies. (I didn't list the ones in which you just hear her voice.) Which one is your favorite?

Body Heat (That scene with Bill Hurt where she's on her knees in front of him is still one of the hottest scenes ever filmed.)
The Man with Two Brains (This is a hilarious classic movie. "Pointy bird, a-pointy, pointy...")
A Breed Apart
Crimes of Passion
Romancing the Stone (This is my personal favorite. When it came out, I had no idea I'd end up being a romance writer myself.)
Jewel of the Nile
Prizzi's Honor (Any movie where Jack Nicholson is the love interest leaves me cold.)
Peggy Sue Got Married
Switching Channels
The Accidental Tourist
War of the Roses (I'm not a big film noir fan. My husband loved this movie.)
V.I. Warshawski
Serial Mom
Baby Geniuses
The Virgin Suicides

2 Comments:

Blogger Anna J. Evans said...

Hmmm...so many of these are good, it's hard to choose. I guess Romancing the Stone simply because I've watched it most recently. I had to go back and take a peak at it now that I really write romance. Funn stuff, lol.

She is a great actress...guess she just hit her Hollywood expiration date. Darn hollywood.

6:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Romancing the Stone is my favorite also. But KT is busy on the stage, I have seen her in London, last april doing "who's afraid of virginia woolf?"and she was fantastic! SUPERRR! Check out her website:www.kathleen-turner.com

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home