Thursday, October 26, 2006

Butler Art

You might recognize this image. It's a painting by Jack Vettriano, one of my favorite artists. He has some amazingly romantic work, like this painting, The Singing Butler, but he also has some seriously sexy, provocative work as well.

I mean, check that second painting out, the one with the woman up against the wall. It's called Game On. I really love it. I wish I could hang it on my bedroom wall. If I was single, I would. Unfortunately, it's too provocative for my kids to look at. The third painting is called Surrender, for obvious reasons. Notice how her leg is outside of the arm of the chair. Heh heh.

So, today I got an email because someone had found from this blog that I like Jack Vettriano's paintings. They asked me to fill out a survey for which they'll enter me in a drawing to win a print or canvas of my choice. Well, that did it. I HAD to fill out the survey! I know I probably won't win, but a girl can hope, can't she?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Anna J. Evans said...

I never win at odds unless the thing I'll get if I beat the odds is NOT something I want! (Make sense?) Good luck to you, however, those paintings at the bottom are stunning.

And I love how you caught the little details :).

Anna

1:51 PM  
Blogger Sandra Richards said...

Ooo I hope you win, I hope you do! I know having the art I love near my desk, or to look at on a break, makes much of the difference in my ability to write through small blocks.

2:57 PM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Thanks, Sandra. Part of me thinks maybe it was just a scam to get people to fill out the survey.

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home