Sunday, December 10, 2006

Joining the New Millennium


I have a laptop! I have a laptop of my very own. :) I finally got myself a computer that no one else can get dibs on. I'm so excited. My husband was so opposed because he wanted me to take his hand-me-down, but that wasn't flying with me. That thing weighs like fifteen pounds. Sheesh. Plus, it's like five years old. I'm a working, paid writer. I deserved my own laptop, and the kids need the family computer all the time now for their homework and research projects.

Anyway, hubby redeemed himself by having our computer guru install a wireless network at our house. So, I'm happily sitting in the dining room hooked up to the Internet. Very cool.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, isn't it the most lovely feeling in the world? I inherited a small amount this year and got to replace the doddering laptop I bought from eBay last year with a brand-spanking new one. I LOVE it! I can take it anywhere -- it even went to Atlanta with me! And WIRELESS! Woo-hoo!

Congratulations, Kate!

3:35 PM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Thanks! It still hasn't left the house. I don't have a case for it.

11:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! I bought myself a laptop this summer, and wow, so nice not to have for a computer!

1:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So is there anybody you can credit with helping you make your decision as to what laptop to buy? If so, that person must be brilliant!!!

9:54 AM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Why, as a matter of fact, that person is a true Renaissance man. He knows computers, grows his own vegetables, philosophizes (is that a word?) about the validity of left-handedness, AND he cooks.

No, ladies, I'm sorry, he's already happily married with kids.

6:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home