Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Theatre for Kids

I bought four tickets for Wicked today. A fantastic night at the theatre will be my birthday present to my husband. I read the book and liked it, mostly. I didn't particularly like the end, but that often happens when I read "Literature." I have no idea how closely the play follows the book, but I do expect GREAT things.

We have center mezzanine seats because I couldn't see paying $85 per person for orchestra, and that's not counting the $10 fees they attached to each ticket. I plan to bring the kids to see it, too, but I wonder if they'll appreciate it. Do you think it's worth it to bring children to see premium theatre like this?

Labels:

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved going to the theater as a kid. My parents often took us to dinner theater. Since we were about two plus hours north of NYC, we hit Broadway on occasion. Even in high school we visited the yearly Stratford Shakespeare festival.

Your kids might not seem to appreciate it now, but they will down the road.

And ow! on those prices.

7:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wicked is a good book. I hope you enjoy the play. While in Houston by husband and I went to see To Kill a Mockingbird. It was interesting to see a playwrite's interpretation of one of my favorite books.

8:54 PM  
Blogger Robin L. Rotham said...

Lucky you! I definitely think it's worth the price to expose children to quality live entertainment -- as long as they're old enough to sit still through it. :D

9:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it depends on the children, LOL, but it is such a great and rewarding opportunity. Was Tuesday your husband's birthday? Mine is tomorrow. :)

And, I'm very sorry, but you've been tagged. Check out the details on my blog: http://jenniferbianco.com/wordpress/

Hope you had a great time!

1:49 PM  
Blogger Lucie Simone said...

A colleague of mine saw this musical adpatation and loved it. She said it is much lighter than the original book, so the kids should enjoy it. Have fun!

2:47 PM  
Blogger Lucie Simone said...

By the way, are you digging the Queens's Fool? It's in my TBR pile.

2:48 PM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Yeah, the tickets were $77 each. Yowsa. Oh, damn! I just realized I used the Citibank card to pay for it, and he peruses that bill! I'll have to cover that line up somehow. LOL

Yeah, my kids are 11 and 13. They can sit still. The last thing we went to see was STOMP and they loved it.

No, his birthday is May 26, but we're not seeing the show until late July!

I've only read about a chapter of TQF. It's very good so far. :)

4:40 PM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Oh, I was already tagged for this. LOL

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home