Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Haiku: Chick, Where Are Your Brows?

I, Mona Lisa


a great book, but the portrait...


that ain't no smile.




Note: This may be one of the most recognizable works of art in the world, and much as been said about her enigmatic smile. My poem states what I think about that. She's wearing what we call in my family a "courtesy smile."

While this isn't a painting that I particularly like, I loved the novel by Kalogridis. I powered through it in three days. If you liked Girl with a Pearl Earring or In the Company of the Courtesan, you'll enjoy I, Mona Lisa.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Rhian said...

i LOVED girl with a pearl earring. probably not surprising, huh? Definitely have to get this one.

7:55 PM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

DO get this one, Rhi. I borrowed it from the library, so it was FREE! :D I'm going to pick up her other one, The Borgia Bride, I think it's called.

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home