Friday, April 20, 2007

Artist: Fidostudio

Welcome to another Willoughby Weekend Web Gallery Showing. :) Today I'm showcasing Thomas Fedro. In his statement, he says, "As a painter I am interested in making the work of the soul more visible and real, enriching our everyday lives. It is in these moments when our soul speaks to us in a quiet, perhaps even a silent voice - wielding great power and influence at both a conscious and unconscious level."

This first painting is Comfort Zone . I love the fluidity of this painting and the colors. Last week I chose another painting with swirls (the one with the roses), and I think that shape just appeals to me. I also really love the luminosity of her skin.




On the other hand, this painting, Feeling It, is more angular. This guy's nose has such attitude. I wonder if he has a black eye and that's what he's feeling. And again, I love the ear swirls!






Finally we have Mr. Right Now. His hair seems to be at once beckoning and flipping you off at the same time. LOL.

Enjoy the art and your weekend!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Rhian said...

oooh - i like that first one - kinda reminds me of some of my paintings (so of course i'd love it) i'm soooo loving your gallery showings here Kate!

10:06 AM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Thanks, Rhi! I have fun doing it and trying to spread art appreciation through the blogosphere. :D

6:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like these. Remind me a bit of an illustrator pal of mine. I haven't seen his work latetly, but you've given me an itch to do so. I wonder if he's ever put his stuff up on the web. Will have to ask.

I'm getting to enjoy these weekly art visits. ;-)

11:07 PM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Hey, Gabriella, it's always terrific to see you here. I found an old boss of mine (an artist) via the internet recently. His work has changed and I really love it.

Here's the post about his work:

http://katewilloughby.blogspot.com/2006/02/blast-from-past.html

I think I should feature him again.

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home