Thursday, April 12, 2007

Thursday Thirteen: Family Favorites

Main Dishes My Family Loves
1. Pork Chops with Mushroom Gravy - My kids just raved about my mushroom gravy to a friend's mom and she asked me about it. I confessed with much laughter that it was just Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup.
2. Tri-tip - Just Lawry's Seasoning Salt and 50 minutes in a 375 oven.
3. "Crispy" Chicken - Chicken thighs with garlic salt and paprika, baked for an hour.
4. Sauteed Shrimp - I try to cook this when they're not looking because I use wine to deglaze the pan, and they usually turn their nose up at wine in cooking.
5. Grilled Steak - McCormick's Montreal Steak Seasoning and the Man's magic touch at the grill.
6. Fried Rice
7. Soy Sauce Chicken - This is just chicken pieces simmered in soy sauce, water, brown sugar, powdered ginger, and Chinese 5 spice.
8. Pasta - The Teen likes it with my homemade meatballs. #2 prefers just butter and salt.
9. Roast Turkey Breast - It's so easy to just buy the breast alone and not deal with the whole carcass, even if I like the drumsticks the best.
10. Grilled Salmon - Just dried dill and garlic salt
11. Grilled Teriyaki Flank Steak - I use Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki Sauce to marinate the steak in. It's fab!
12. Pork Roast - Another favorite. Just garlic salt and the oven. I use a meat thermometer with an alarm to tell me when it's done.
13. Baby Back Ribs - These are kinda pricey, but way cheaper than ordering ribs in a restaurant. Everyone loved these day before yesterday.



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged. If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well!

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Okay I'm drooling now. I also like to cut up chicken breasts, mix in some salsa and pour it over rice. Nice, easy and very tasty.

8:40 AM  
Blogger Crystal Jordan said...

Now I'm hungry. Dangit!

8:46 AM  
Blogger Robin L. Rotham said...

Now I'm starving, too! Gimme some of that grilled salmon. :D

11:07 AM  
Blogger R.G. ALEXANDER said...

Yeah-I think I need some lunch now LOL

12:37 PM  
Blogger Elle Fredrix said...

Okay, the pic of mushroom soup nearly made me run sceaming, but some of these sound very yummy!

1:08 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Okay, now I'm hungry. Good thing it's almost dinnertime... Great list!

1:53 PM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Yep, I'm hungry, too! Making crispy chicken tonight. My kids could probably eat it every night and not get tired of it.

3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have my mouth watering and also thinking what am I going to make for supper tonight?

And your oldest is now a teen? Ack! When did that happen? Mine is still two years away. It comes way too fast.

5:30 PM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

It only happened in December! But yeah, he's starting to "develop" in a boy way, and it's so freaky.

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home