Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Thursday Thirteen: Who Let The Dogs Out?

Thursday Thirteen: Animals I'd Like as a Pet

1. I like Dobermans. There is just something about that breed that says Cool. A character in one of my books owns a Dobie named Thor.


2. Pugs are adorable. I always liked them, but really became enamoured when I saw the movie Men In Black had an alien pug character. One of my favorite scenes is when he sings along with the radio, "Who let the dogs out who, who, who, who!"

3. A chihuahua. I like these little guys, bug-eyes and all.

4. Oh, and Shar-Peis, those wrinkly dogs.

5. A Siamese cat. My son is allergic, though, so that's out.

6. I like Abyssinians, too. They look elegant and remind me of Ancient Egypt, a subject that fascinated me in school.

7. If I could afford it, I'd love to own horses. I mentioned that on another Thursday Thirteen. Of course, I'd need the property to go with them.

8. Tropical fish. I love fish, but I don't love the science of maintaining the ocean environment. I'd enjoy having a little Nemo to watch.

9. Finches. I like these little guys and the funny little beeping noises they make.

10. Okay, call me geeky, but it would be really cool to own a falcon, like they did in medieval times.

11. Again, if I had property, I might like to keep chickens, like Martha Stewart. It would be terrific to be able to have fresh from the nest eggs.

12. A tarantula. Don't tell my kids, but I think this would be a very cool pet. Unfortunately, you have to feed them crickets and that is not something I want to do.

13. Along that line, I think it would be interesting to have a scorpion, too.



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged. If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well!

Labels:

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROFL! Our tastes are way different. For a dog I'd love a great dane. They seem big clumsy and adorable. Tarantulas and scorpions belong in my squash on site if I'm not climbing a tree category.

Happy TT day. Mine is up. 13 reaons spring is in the air.

2:56 AM  
Blogger Rhian said...

I like spiders, snakes and BIGASS dogs - despise chihuahuas... probably because i had one bite me in the face as a child and then my son had one do the same when he was little. Fiends from hell I tell you.

7:00 AM  
Blogger Tempest Knight said...

I had a Chihuahua. They make great pets! :)

7:49 AM  
Blogger Rhian said...

Tempest - they've pulled the cutsie chihuahua-wool over your eyes. Trust me! They have a serious Napoleon Complex and aren't afraid to use it, along with their very sharp tiny teeth (shudder). My goal is to one day own a dog that can eat those little beasties in one bite.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Crystal Jordan said...

I used to have a Doberman named Lady. She was such an awesome.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Em said...

Ew, you had me until you mentioned the tarantuala.

I'm allergic to most everything with fur, so no pets for me.

1:36 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

I'm more partial to small/medium size dogs...like a water spaniel or beagle...but definitely prefer cats to dogs. They're generally less work.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Two Voices Publishing said...

You can have anything with more than four legs. [Well, I do have three brine shrimp - but they're zero maintenance and very companionable - LOL]

3:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you're daring. Mr. Pink is still trying to talk me into a dog. *That's* too much pet for me. I prefer my animals stuffed. *grin*

4:34 PM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

I visited, Gab. :)

Rhian, I've heard that about Chihuahuas, but my dad has two that are adorable.

I actually probably wouldn't get a dog at all, because they are a lot of work! But, hey, it's called Thursday 13, not Thursday Five. LOL

I'm only cyber-daring. The only pets we have now are hermit crabs and betta fish. LOW MAINTENANCE. :D

5:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You had me until you mentioned the spider and the scorpion. No thank you! LOL...I would love to have a pomeranian or a pug. They are both so cute. Another pet I'd love to have is a mini datsun...so cute.

7:56 PM  
Blogger Elle Fredrix said...

I'm with you on the big dogs, horses and fish, but I'm sorry, you are on your own with the tarantula!

8:08 PM  
Blogger Eva Gale said...

O.M.G. I HAVE a Dobie named Thor. I kid you not. He's a buffoon. Don't let the scary stance and coat fool you, they make great family pets. He's a total goof. (Until he makes me take him out at 1 am and pees on my floor. :-) )

8:48 PM  
Blogger Shari said...

My daughter's school mascot is a falcon - they're really neat birds. Chickens skeeve me out (my sister's FIL caught some weird disease from them as he was a farmer). Scorpion stings suck, so I'm one of those "squish them on sight" kind of people! I love my Lab, she is the best dog ever!

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Big dogs are cool (Doby's are great when trained right), small dogs are not LOL, don't like birds, tarantulas, scorpions or anything else that may crawl. OK, I'm still kind of itchy from the spider photo so I may have to stop. Eek. I hate spiders. Shudder.

11:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Definitely with you on the big dogs! I'm typing this next to a very noisy parakeet - never again! Great post - fun.

4:36 AM  
Blogger Rhonda Helms said...

GAH! *shudder* the spider is freaky...LOL

I like little animals. But not with 8 legs. hahaha

4:55 AM  
Blogger Gina Ardito aka Katherine Brandon said...

Now that I'm satisfactorily creeped out for the day, I can push the hackles down on my neck, thankyouverymuch. LOL!

8:32 AM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Oh, my gosh. I had no idea so many people are creeped out by spiders. I SO think they're fascinating. LOL. I guess y'all won't be buying the book I wrote about a dom entomolotist. LOL

And I cannot BELIEVE you have a dobie named Thor, Eva! That is just too weird!

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home