Thursday, March 22, 2007

Thursday Thirteen: Things I Have In/On My Desk

1. Post-Its. Can't live without these. I have some in my purse and in my work-apron pocket!
2. Hand lotion.
3. A kitchen timer. When I write, I lose track of time and I need this to remind me to get the laundry or pick my kid up from school.
4. My sexy word list
5. A large cup of coffee that I nurse all day
6. My Siamese fighting fish
7. My mocha candle.
8. A phone which I use to ignore telemarketing contractors trying to improve my home.
9. A pile of papers, coupons, magazines, files, the kids' school pictures, that I procrastinate doing anything about.
10. My date book.
11. Nail clippers. I'm a little OCD about hangnails. If I spot them, I MUST clip.
12. Dental Floss. Another OCD idiosyncrasy. I can't stand anything between my teeth.
13. My watch and charm bracelet. I can't type with them on, so they invariably end up near my computer.



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged. If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well!

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger Rhonda Helms said...

HILARIOUS...I love the "sexy words" thing...I should do that, too, though I don't think my coworkers would appreciate it. hahaha

11:02 AM  
Blogger R.G. ALEXANDER said...

Your desk sounds as busy as mine- :}

2:36 PM  
Blogger P. Robinson said...

We all need bigger desks! And offices and great looking assistants that massage backs...

3:02 PM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Funny thing is, I don't even have a desk. I work on this rolling laptop cart and use the dining room table for everything else.

3:14 PM  
Blogger Two Voices Publishing said...

I have the pile of papers, coupons, flyers, take out menus and kids' school work too. I'm always tempted just to dump it all in recycling, but I'm too anal for that.

4:07 PM  
Blogger Em said...

I love post-its!

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A mocha candle. That sounds delish, in an aromatic way. And you reminded me to floss. ;)

6:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your desk sounds like a mix of sexy fun stuff and practical work stuff. Hmmm, I gotta find some sexy fun stuff for my desk! LOL

8:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't type with jewelry on either - which means my rings spend more time on my desk than my fingers >G<. Great list!

5:14 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am so with you on the hang nails...ugh.

6:16 AM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

Thanks for stopping by everyone! I love TT! :D

9:40 AM  
Blogger Loribelle Hunt said...

Your desk sounds like the shelves around my desk lol. I'm obsession about keeping my desk clear, but everything else is fair game lol.

9:51 AM  
Blogger Robin L. Rotham said...

LOL! You know what's on my desk? My computer, my printer, and a lamp. Period. Oh wait -- and I added a little round-leafed plant in a little round pot when I feng shuied the place not too long ago. But that's it. My office is the only area of the house that must be neat as a pin.

10:12 PM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

*glances at Robin*

Show off.

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home