Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Barbie Poo


















Have you seen this latest Barbie thing? I just about shit (pun intended!) when I finally saw this commercial on TV. My boys tried over and over to get me to see it, but I only just did.

This is Barbie and her dog, Tanner. You feed the little brown food to him and then pump his tail and it comes out his butt as poop, which Barbie cleans up with her pooper scooper and dumps into the trash can.

WTF??? Can you imagine this product development meeting?

"Hey, I have this great idea for a pooping dog."

"Fantastic. But what about cat lovers?"

"I love that, too. We'll make the litterbox pink with a matching scooper. Then after that we can have Barbie and her pet parrot, that splats magnetic bird crap. We can include a little statue for it to decorate."

NOTE: I apologize, but I have cancelled the contest for the Martha Stewart Living magazine subscription.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Anna J. Evans said...

LOL!! Oh that's great, I love it. I'm sure my 8 year old and 2 year old would both want one. They're fascinated by poop and farts and etc.

Anna

8:51 AM  
Blogger Antonia Pearce said...

Okay, this is the dumbest idea I've seen yet for a toy. And totally gross.

Barbie! You've sold out! You used to have class! You used to stand for something! Now, you're just crass and commercial. *shakes head*

Of course, if my five yo son sees this commercial, he's so going to want one of these. With that age group, poop sells.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Rhian said...

that is the biggest load of crap i've seen in... forever. And i'm not kidding. I think farts are funny. We giggle at accidental belches in my family. But a DOLL designed to clean up dog shit? You know - i'm working on a 3-d painting about female ethnic stereotypes and using actual barbies in the artwork. I should buy and throw this one in there.

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spew alert please!

My mom sent the boys a stocking stuffer which is a cow that holds jelly beans. You push down the head, the tail lifts and it craps brown jelly beans. Cracked me up.

But we're talking Barbie. The Queen of Sophistication. I thought she had maids for this stuff. ROFL!! I'd love to know the sales figures on this one.

8:19 PM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

I still don't know what to think of this. It just seems so surreal!

12:51 PM  
Blogger Rhian said...

i don't think i can resist...i think i have to do a pot about this tomorrow. Hope you don't mind kate. I'll give credit. Though that may not be a kudos thing in this case.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

What's a pot?

2:46 PM  
Blogger Rhian said...

post.... i meant post. my tongue tripped up my fingers.

3:42 AM  
Blogger Susan Helene Gottfried said...

YES! I saw it yesterday, at a friends' house. My kids LOVED it, especially my son.

I think it's disturbing as hell, and that's BEFORE the magnetic poop falls on top of one of the many laptops in my house and erases the hard drive...

8:24 AM  
Blogger Kate Willoughby said...

LMAO, Rhian. I thought "pot" was some online hip phrase that I was unaware of!

Susan, did you actually pump the poop yourself? LOL My sons think it's the most ridiculous thing they've ever seen, giving them even more reason to scorn girls' toys.

11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG Reminds me the pregnant BArvie that came out a while backn(a long while back).

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home